h

__~thoughtful writings~_____Ø(^_ ^ )o

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Tuesday 1 Aug 06

0830 – get up and shower
0930 – class session 1
1300 – free lunch at dorms =9 (stole a banana)
1400 – headed to Amsterdam Historical Museum (long tour)
1730 – headed to dinner at Dam Square
1900 – tried the Anne Frank Museum (too long of lines)
2000 – watched street performer at Dam Square
2130 – came back to dorms, email/chat/shower
2400 - sleep

Amazing, this is the fastest I've ever gotten over jetlag! ^_^V The bathroom still smells pretty bad (apparently everybody's does...is that a trend in Europe?) The lecture on Dutch tolerance was interesting to see that they really aren't more tolerant, but manipulate their laws to compartmentalize it. I really loved the museum (art class means I knew some of the painting). We also found the exhibit of Rembrandt and Anne Frank's letters (I think we accidently snuck in, me and Shilpa) <(^_ ^;) But I snuck a pic (w/o flash) of Rembrandt's famous dissection paintings! Later on, we tried to go to the Ann Frank Museum later, but we still found the lines rather long (Rick Steve lies!) so I guess we'll get up early tomorrow (If I have any remnant of jet lag...this shouldn't be too hard) Instead, we just went to Dam Square to watch a magician who was neurotic about the placement of his audience (?_?) I was slightly taken aback to see the New Church be used as a fashion show location, but that was a good example that religion is not as popular here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home