h

__~thoughtful writings~_____Ø(^_ ^ )o

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Monday 31 Jul 06

0715 – plane landed, but we had to wait for the plane to taxi and the police to come on and arrest some unruly passengers
0800 – finally got off the plane, got bags, passed thru customs (no one was there)
0930 – reached dorm rooms after taxi from central station (expensive)…place looks kinda ghetto =/
1030 – met ppl at nearby groceries – bought water
1300 – free lunch at dorms =9
1400 – orientation -_-zZ
1630 – dinner at Thai restaurant w/ ppl near Chinatown
1900 – fell asleep

The grocery store was a big surprise to me to find out how bad their milk can get because of less stringent pasturization requirements. On the other hand, good bread! I found a grill in my room, so I'll need to get some bread later on (note to self). I had a "great time" trying to get money because I previously called my bank and they said I could pull on $500 (494 Euros) at once...apparently I can only get 200 Euros. The dinner was another amusing event as we learned that you can't order tap water and you have go find your servers to get anything (we jsut ended up getting our own rice) O_O We'll see if I can quickly get over jet lag, but its a miracle that I could stay up all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home